Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with depositing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's review them. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you wish to own a web site, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by given firms, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely wrong explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between separate sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web page hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain vendors provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a large amount of pics with friends or partners since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your email aliases. Some distributors offer webspace hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you want to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many video files as you wish without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to possess a web site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email addresses, upload videos, etc. At ticopaginas, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content solely.